Monday, May 30, 2011

Have a Happy Memorial Day!

I hope you all have a happy Memorial Day with family, friends and food.  After a long, long fourth quarter, I believe all teachers welcome this day off from school.  If no one else does, then I am relieved for a day off.

This month has been non-stop for me with something happening every weekend.  First came the Race for the Cure and Mothers' Day on the same weekend.  Then we traveled to Fredricksburg, Va for the Marine Corps Historic-Half Marathon.  Finally last weekend, I traveled to Sunset Beach with some friends before one of them gets married.

But it has also been crazy in the classroom.  I began the month of May less than halfway (Chapter 14) through our textbook.  But on Friday, I covered the final chapter (39) so that we can begin reviewing for the end of course test.  Given more time or more control of my subject, I would have probably spent more time in certain areas like human anatomy and evolution.  Unfortunately, I don't have any say in what topics I teach and barely any say in how I teach them.  On a bright note, I learned how to project a ball using a dry ice bomb.

I have been having Blogger issues since Thursday, so I haven't been able to upload any posts.  I posted a Lyric of the Day and then I was blocked out after that.  I could not even get in on Friday.  Blogger even gave me some grief trying to log in today.  Hopefully, the issues have been solved and I can return tomorrow with some interesting articles.

Happy Grillin'!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment