Thursday, September 23, 2010

Stick Figure Science- Teach the Controversy

The Florida Citizens for Science had a contest to make an educational cartoon using stick figures.  Here is a link to the winners and this is one of my favorites:



In this spectacular challenge, some very smart people drew some incredible comics.  I don't understand the teach the controversy point of view.  If I were required to teach intelligent design, I would have to also explain how it does not possess credibility as a scientific idea.  As a science teacher, I teach science, based on experimentation and logic.  If I didn't have to do that, I might as well teach astrology, alchemy, or phrenology.  I wouldn't mind talking about them, but not teaching them as scientific alternatives to astronomy, chemistry or neurology.

No comments:

Post a Comment